Thursday, April 05, 2007

Dad asks me to help out on a Saturday

Once, when I was in high school, I heard a really funny story about a guy who had to give a urine sample. He snuck in some apple juice, and used that to fill the sample cup. As he went to return the sample, he asked the nurse how she though it looked. She said it looked a little dark and that he might be dehydrated. He said "Well, let me run it through one more time." and drank the cup dry (to the surprise of the nurse).

I thought this was the coolest story of all time.

Not long after, Dad asked me to come in and help one Saturday with the Hilmar Pop Warner physicals. Dad didn't want to drag his staff in on a Saturday, so he go us to come in and help. My job was to stand next to the bathroom door and hand the boys their cups as they went in to fill them. I thought this was a great time to put my humor to good use, so I ran across the street and bought myself a Martinelli's and started drinking it while I handed out cups. My original intent was to pour it into a sterile sample cup and drink it out of that. I never got the chance. Dad caught me after a few sips, pulled me aside, and taught me the first lesson of business:

Lesson 1: "Don't sh** in the cash register"

Apparently Hilmar Pop Warner never called Dad again to do physicals after that. Sorry, Dad.

Other funny memories:
- Aaron consults Dad about a suspected ear infection
- Liz gets asked the typical BYU freshman questions

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home